The short-term rental management is at its best with the perfect combination of hospitality, technology service provider and investors. Mapping it out began as an initiative to visualize a fragmented, yet rapidly evolving and growing industry. Resulting in the largest ever published and most definitive short-term rental industry landscape, we have mapped 450+ of the most important companies in the industry.
Next to listing the top property management companies, we mapped leading technology and service providers.
We publish our STR Landscape annually to provide industry leaders with up-to-date technology providers that support all corners of the diverse STR market.
- STR: Short-Term Rental
- CM: Channel Manager
- PMS: Property Management Solution
- RM: Revenue Management Solution
- Cross-Over: Solutions servicing the Hotel and STR industry
- OTAs: Online Travel Agency
- KYC: Know your customer
Key findings from the short-term rental industry landscape
Skift’s CEO Rafat Ali has notably coined the blurring lines between the short-term rentals and hotel industry as the “Great Merging.”
Since then, PMS vendors have recognized this dynamic as well and have been quick to provide the flexibility to service both sides of this coin. This can be seen not only in the respective logos marketed on vendor websites, but also in their integration suites that now include hotel-focused point solutions.
- The PMS category is the most competitive with 150+ providers
- The Guest Experience category has shown the fastest growth with new providers and solutions that streamline communications and enhancing the guest stay.
- We have assembled 400+ providers clustered in 22 subcategories summarizing the best short-term rental technology, based on our intimate knowledge of the industry .
- AJL Atelier maintains active links with a technology database of over 150+ providers. Do you know about a technology provider that you think should be added to the landscape? Let us know and we will evaluate it with you – we’re always keen to test the latest!
Why create this short-term rental industry landscape?
The short-term rental industry is fragmented, and the landscape of technology providers is complex.
The number of technology solutions have grown massively, and it can be difficult to keep up and know which solutions are the right fit for your business. Each of the categories represent key components to operating a successful short-term rental business and the options available to creating the optimal technology stack for your business.
We have helped many vacation rental companies save money, time, and resources thanks to better technology over the years, thanks to our on-going testing and reviewing of the latest solutions.
We thought we would put the best technology solutions for short-term rental on one page for the industry to see and to benefit.
Why is tech so important in short-term rentals?
Of course, the service element is crucial. That will never go away. But having the right tech helps tremendously. It saves precious time and resources, allows to have leaner, better equipped teams to focus on the most important things.
The right tech supercharges short-term rental managers to become more efficient, faster and more profitable.
What’s your tech stack like?
We’d love to hear from you – on social or by email. Tell us about your own technology stack and of course if we missed off any great technology solution. Contact us directly and let us discuss!
“We’ve added the Top 20 Property Managers to our STR Industry Landscape because they are on the front lines with the guest.”
Simon Lehmann, Founder & CEO, AJL Atelier