Co-Founder and Former Owner of Winter Park & Steamboat Lodging Companies
Co-Founder and COO of Raincatcher
Founder and CEO of AJL Atelier
Watch the talk on Building an Exit-Ready Business
Prepare your notebook, as Sarah Bradford, Jason Thomas and Simon Lehmann keep great, practical tips on how to get your business in a great shape for an exit – from a merger to an outright sale.
Some tangible tips to prepare your business for an exit:
- Define what your objective is – do you want to remain involved? If so how? What do you want to do next?
- Do a check with a personal financial advisor – define how much you’ll need so that you can
- Build a great team, and empower them ahead of time with strrategic decisions
- Keep them in the loop of the sale process – they need to know
- Get your metrics right, from unit economics to the overall profitability – make sure your CFO and CPA are top notch
- Optimize your portfolio to streamline it down to the units that are most profitable
- Get the right attorney and advisors – it is a stressful process, you need specialists
And much, much more in the talk!